Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the information at the time of writing, please ensure you check carefully before making any decisions based on the contents within this article.
Let us introduce you to the UK's most popular national park.
If you have yet to visit The Lake District and want a taster of what to expect, sit back and let us transport you to this magical landscape with our short film, shot by Jack Serginson and Ollie Gough.
Entrancing visitors across the globe, this magnificent place truly has something for everyone. Whether you're looking for adventure, inspiration or complete and utter seclusion you will find everything you've been looking for and more at the top of every peak, on the shore of each lake, and behind the door of our Lake District cottages.
Five interesting facts about The Lake District:
- Some 15 million people visit every year.
- There is only one official lake, Bassenthwaite Lake. All the others are 'meres' or 'waters'.
- Seathwaite is the wettest inhabited place in England.
- England's longest lake is Windermere which is 10.5 miles long.
- You can visit Beatrix Potter’s old home, a 17th-century cottage called Hill Top which inspired much of her work.
Get to the heart of The Lake District with our guides and discover everything you need to know to make your visit spectacular.