The Bothy Access Statement
ACCESS STATEMENT FOR BOTHY, HIGH BORRANS, WINDERMERE
- One bedroom detached cottage in a rural location but close to Windermere (3 miles away).
- Mezzanine bedroom is accessed by steep ‘space saver’ staircase and is in the roof apex so has restricted height in parts.
- Nearest railway station, taxi service, shops, banks and other facilities in Windermere.
- The cottage is not suitable for guests with mobility disabilities.
- On-line supermarket deliveries available (eg Tesco).
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Key collection details will be sent by the Lakeland Cottage Company.
- One off-road parking space is available four metres from the cottage entrance.
- There is a step of 15cm down from the parking space to the cottage entrance. Otherwise all surfaces are level and covered with slate chippings and there are slate stepping stones to the door.
- There is an outside light which illuminates the entrance area.
Entrance to Property
- There is a step up of 12 cm in through the front entrance door which has an opening width of 83 cm.
- There is no handrail or ramp available.
- The accommodation is open plan with light coloured wooden flooring and skirting boards throughout and white painted walls.
- The living areas and bathroom are on one level with no steps.
- The TV has the option of subtitles/audio description.
- All areas are well lit with ceiling spot lights. These are dimmable in the lounge and bedroom.
- The dining table is 77 cm high with upright chairs, seat height 46 cm without arms.
- Kitchen work surface is 92 cm high, the highest shelf in the fridge is 180 cm and the lowest drawer of the freezer is 40cm.
- Wall cupboards are 140 cm high to the base of the units but crockery, glasses etc could be moved to lower level cupboards on request.
- Sink taps are mixer lever type.
- Double bed in mezzanine area over the kitchen.
- Steep ‘space-saver’ stairs are 58 cm wide.
- The bedroom is in the roof apex which has a sloping ceiling which is 2 metres in height in the centre of the room and 60 cm at the side walls. There is a low bed with limited head-room to allow for this.
- Level access from living areas to the downstairs bathroom.
- Door is 74 cm wide, there is a step into the shower of 10 cm, the washbasin is 84 cm high and has lever taps.
- Up to two, well–behaved pets are welcome.
- Details of local hospital, doctors and local attractions etc are available in an information pack in the cottage.
- There is no mobile phone reception in the cottage. Internet access is available via Wi-Fi.