Sleeps 8 | Friday Changeover | Pets - See Property Inventory | VE 4 Star Gold Award
Discounted Leisure Club Passes Available To Purchase
Access Statement for Windrush, Coniston
Windrush is a fairly modern detached family house located in a
quiet Cul-de-Sac within Coniston Village.
The property is on two levels. The ground floor contains the
entrance hall, lounge, kitchen, dining room, a utility room with
laundry facilities and a shower room with toilet. The first floor has
four bedrooms and a bathroom with a toilet.
Both entrances to the house have steps to gain access. There is
a large area of raised decking at the back of the house. This is
gated and is a very safe area for small children to play outside.
There are fully enclosed gardens to the front and rear mainly laid
•We have a basic website which will be continually improved with
more detailed information about the property.
• Bookings / enquiries can be made through our agent, Lakeland
Cottage Company either through their website at www.lakelandcottage-
company.co.uk or by telephone to 015395 38180.
• Guests are provided with written directions to the cottage at a
suitable time before their holiday.
• The nearest bus stop is on Tilberthwaite Avenue next to the
Tourist Information Centre, about 250m away.
• The nearest railway station are at Windermere (about 12 miles
away) and Ulverston ( about 14 miles away).
• The nearest RADAR toilet is in Tilberthwaite Avenue next to the
Tourist Information Centre, 250m away.
• Taxis can be called by phoning Coniston Cabs on
• This access statement will be available on our website and is
available from The Lakeland Cottage Company.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
• Private parking is available on the front drive of the property. The
dimensions of the drive area are 20m long and 3m at the
narrowest point, 4.5m at the widest point. There is ample space
for three cars.
• The driveway is surfaced with slate chippings, about 3cm - 5cm
• The driveway slopes down towards the house at an angle of
• The house keys, one front door key and one back door key.
Main Entrance & Reception
• There are two entrance doors into the property, one at the front
and one at the side of the house.
• Three stone steps lead to the front door from the path. The
lowest step is 12cm high, 244cm wide and 36cm deep. The
middle step is 16cm high, 178cm wide and 36 deep. The top
step is 16cm high, 112cm wide and 36cm deep. There is also a
threshold into the house from the top step which is 4cm high.
• The path to the front door is 85cm wide and surfaced with slate
chippings about 3cm - 5cm in size. The path is 2m from drive to
the first step. The front door is has a clear opening of 78cm
wide and 200cm high with the hinge on the left.
• There is a lever door handle which is 100cm from the top of the
threshold and the keyhole is just below the door handle.
• The front door opens into the entrance hall.
• Two concrete steps lead to the side door from the drive. The
lowest step is 12cm high, 102cm wide and 30cm deep. The
upper step is 18cm high, 102cm wide and 27cm deep. The
threshold into the house from the top step is 11cm high.
• The door has a clear opening of 74cm and 200cm high. There is
a lever door handle which is 92cm from the top of the threshold
and the keyhole is just below the door handle.
• The side door opens into the utility room (laundry / cloakroom).
Public Areas - Hall, Stairs & Landing
• The entrance hall provides direct access to the lounge, kitchen,
staircase to the first floor and an under stairs cupboard where
the electrical consumer unit (fuse box) is located. The hall is
151cm wide by the front door and widens to 177cm by the
staircase and 256cm at the entrance to the lounge and kitchen.
The floor is wood laminate and the only furniture is a half moon
table which is positioned against the wall next to the door to the
• The under stair cupboard door is kept locked. The key hangs in
the kitchen, on the left hand side of the window frame.
• The stairs are covered with a burgundy red short pile carpet.
Five steps lead from the ground floor to a halfway landing to
make a 180° turn. A further eight steps lead to the landing on
the first floor.
• The steps from the ground floor to the half way landing are 78cm
wide, 21cm high, and 22cm deep. There is a wooden bannister
hand rail on right as you go up which is 84 to 90cm high. The
halfway landing is 83cm wide by 180cm long. The steps from
the half way landing to the first floor are 21cm high, 25cm deep
and 83cm wide. The wooden bannister hand rail on right and
between 84 to 92cm high.
• A removable stair gate is available in the house for the top and
bottom of the stairs. These are stored in a cupboard to the right
at the top of the stairs.
• The available space immediately at the top of the staircase is
87cm by 87cm. After a 90° turn to the left, this space opens up
onto the landing. The landing leads to all four bedrooms and the
bathroom. Immediately right of the the staircase is a cupboard
containing equipment for babies and young children.
• The landing is 485cm long and varies in width. It is widest close
to the top of the staircase (190cm) where Bedroom 2 (twin bed),
Bedroom 3 (double bed) and Bedroom 4 (bunk bed) are
accessed. At the opposite end of the landing, the width is 84cm
by the entrance to the bathroom and Bedroom 1 (Twin or double
• The floor is burgundy red short pile carpet. Light switches are
on the walls and 140cm high.
• There is a 91cm high wooden bannister rail next to the stairs.
Public Areas - Lounge & Dining Room
• The lounge can be reached from the entrance hall. Access is via
a doorway that is 72cm wide. A lever door handle is 107cm
high. The light switch is push-in dimmer switch, and located on
the wall near to the door, 143cm high from the floor.
• The lounge measures 556cm by 363cm. The carpet is a
burgundy red short pile carpet with matching floor to ceiling
curtains. There is a small patterned rug next to the fireplace.
• The moveable furniture in the room includes a four-seater sofa,
three-seater sofa, arm chair, pouf, nested tables, round
occasional table, and floor standing lamp. Other furniture in the
room includes a pine bookcase with books, and a pine TV stand
on which sits the TV and separate Sky box. Remote controls
are available for the TV, DVD, video and Sky. The sofas,
armchair and pouf are leather and the sofa cushions are made
of synthetic filling.
• There is a gas fired stove in the fireplace. The stove is lit by an
ignition knob at right hand side of stove, 47cm from edge of
hearth. Immediately in front of the stove is a moveable
• The windows looking out onto the back garden can be opened.
Two patio doors also open out onto a large area of balcony
decking at the back of the house. Lockable door handles are
111cm high from the floor. The width of a single door opening is
64cm. When both doors are open the width is 134cm. The
height of threshold from carpet is 5cm and the drop down onto
the decking from the threshold is 22cm.
• The dining room can be reached from the kitchen and the utility
room (laundry / cloakroom). A 120cm wide entrance, with no
door or change in floor level, provides good access between the
kitchen and the dining room.
• The door between the utility room and the dining room is 77cm
wide with a lever door handle 100cm high.
• The dining room measures 442cm by 396cm and is carpeted
with a speckled pale beige short piled carpet.
• The moveable furniture includes a large pine dining table with 8
chairs (including 2 carver chairs), a two-seater sofa and floor
standing lamp. Other furniture in the room includes three pine
bookcases with books and a mini hi-fi which includes radio, CD
• Two high stairs are available for young children and a third high
chair is for babies. These are stored in a cupboard to the right at
the top of the staircase.
• The dining table is 106cm wide, 229cm long and 77cm high, and
the free space around the table, when the chairs are tucked in
under the table, is 60cm, 70cm 70cm and 96cm.
• The light switch is push-in dimmer, and located on the wall near
the entrance to the kitchen, 132cm high from floor level.
• There is a window and two patio doors that open out onto a
large area of balcony decking at the back of the house. The
lockable handle on the window is 175cm high. The width of a
single door opening is 64cm. When both doors are open the
width is 134cm. There is a wooden weather-board in front of the
patio door. This board is 3.5cm higher than the carpet. The
threshold from the weather-board over the patio doors is 5cm
and the drop down to the decking from the threshold is 22cm.
• The kitchen can be reached from the entrance hall, or the utility
room via the dining room. The door way from the entrance hall
is 72cm wide with a lever door handle at a height of 107cm.
• The kitchen light switch is wall mounted and located behind the
door at a height of 140cm from the floor. A second light switch
for the kitchen is also on the dining room wall.
• The floor is wood laminate.
• The kitchen is 460cm by 340cm. The working area between the
worktops is 140cm by 140cm and there is a walkway through to
the dining room 120cm wide.
• The worktops are 90cm high and 60cm deep. A double sink and
drainer is set into the worktop in front of a large window that
looks out onto the back garden and surrounding scenery.
• A four-ring hob is set into the worktop with controls along the
right hand side. Above is an extractor hood and light which
operates by opening a wooden door that is hinged along the top.
The controls are at a height of approximately 175cm.
• A dishwasher and two fridges are located under the worktops.
The height of the highest shelves in the fridge is 62cm.
• A double gas oven is built into the units and positioned between
74cm and 164cm high. The height of the door handles is 115cm
to the main fan oven and 145cm to the small conventional oven
above. Both oven door hinges are at the bottom and they open
from the top. The height of the lowest shelf in the lower fan oven
is 83cm. The oven controls are above the handle of the top
oven, at a height of approximately 155cm.
• The kitchen has a large pine Welsh dresser along the wall
between the kitchen door and the entrance into the dining room.
The main shelf of the dresser is 92cm high, below which are four
cupboards and four drawers. Above the main shelf are narrower
shelves containing some crookery and ornamental plates. The
height of the highest shelf is 172cm.
• Glassware, mugs, cups and saucers are stored in wall
cupboards above the worktop. Cutlery and kitchen utensils are
stored in drawers below the worktop and in drawers of the Welsh
dresser. Serving dishes, pots and pans are stored in the
cupboards below the worktop. Plates and bowls are stored in
the Welsh dresser cupboards. An empty cupboard for guests to
store food is below the worktop.
• There is a microwave oven which is free standing on the worktop
next to the toaster.
Laundry / Cloakroom
• Facilities to wash and dry clothes are provided in the utility room.
The room can be reached from the dining room. The side
entrance into the house also leads into this room.
• The available space in the room is 190cm by 290cm. The floor
is a brown pattern gel-back short looped carpet. In front of the
door leading to the outside, is a wooden weatherboard which is
5cm high. The height of the threshold from the weather-board
over the door is 5cm.
• There are two light switches for this room. One is located on the
dining room wall and the second is located below the window
next to the side entrance door at a height of approximately 80cm
high from the floor.
• On the left wall when entering the room from the side entrance
door is a coat rack with eight coat hooks, approximately 180cm
high. Below, is a rack for storing shoes.
• To the right of the side entrance door is a fully fitted worktop
along the full length of the room, 60cm deep and 90cm high.
Under the worktop is a washing machine, dryer, freezer and two
cupboards. A double sink and drainer is fitted into the worktop
• On the wall above the worktop is the gas boiler. The control
panel for the heating programmer is located just below the boiler,
approximately 20cm above the worktop.
• A garden shed in the corner of the garden contains a BBQ and
garden furniture (teak table with eight chairs) which guests are
welcome to use. Cushions for the chairs are also stored in the
• The shed is large enough for guests to securely store their own,
or hired, bicycles.
• The shed is kept locked and the key hangs in the utility room.
• An iron framed two-seater bench is on the patio.
• The duvets and pillows in all the bedrooms have synthetic pillow
• The sheets and pillow cases are cotton and duvet covers are
• A travel cot is provided for babies and young children. This is
kept in a cupboard at the top of the staircase.
Bedroom 1 (Twin or double bed next to bathroom)
• The door opening into the bedroom is 71cm wide with a lever
door handle at a height of 107cm.
• The bedroom includes two divan beds which are normally made
up as two single beds, but can be moved together to make one
large double bed. A spare superking size duvet and duvet cover
are kept in the divan drawers for this purpose. Each divan bed
is 93cm wide, 200cm long and 64cm high from the floor to the
top of the mattress.
• The furniture in the bedroom is pine and the moveable items
includes a chair, two bedside tables, and a chest of drawers.
There is also a large wardrobe. Each bedside table has a table
lamp, and one also has a mains powered alarm clock / radio.
• The floor is a light beige short pile carpet with large wool rug in
the middle of the room. The free space when entering the room
is 300cm by 140cm. Between the divan beds is 32cm of free
space. The free space on either side of the divan bed is 40cm
Bedroom 2 (Twin Room)
• The door opening into the bedroom is 73cm wide with a lever
door handle at a height of 107cm.
• The bedroom has two pine beds, 93cm wide, 200cm long and
54cm high from the floor to the top of the mattress.
• The furniture in the room is pine and the moveable items include
a chair and bedside table with table lamp between the two beds.
On the bedside table there is a mains powered alarm clock /
radio. There is also a chest of drawers and wardrobe in the
• The floor is a green short pile carpet. The free space when
entering the room is 83cm by 136cm. Between the two beds is
84cm of free space.
Bedroom 3 (Double Room)
• The door opening into the bedroom is 72cm with a lever door
handle at a height of 106cm.
• The bedroom has one pine king sized double bed, 150cm by
200cm and 54cm high from the floor to the top of the mattress.
• The furniture in the bedroom is pine and the moveable items
include two bedside tables, chair and chest of drawers. Each
bedside table has a table lamp, and one also has a mains
powered alarm clock / radio. The bedroom also has a large fully
fitted wardrobe with sliding mirrored doors.
• The floor is a cream short pile carpet. The free space to the side
of the bed when entering the room is 93cm. Between the end of
the bed and the wardrobe is 89cm of free space, and between
the far side of the bed and the window is 44cm of free space.
Bedroom 4 (Bunk Beds)
• The door opening into the bedroom is 73cm with a lever door
handle at a height of 104cm.
• The bedroom has one set of pine bunk beds, each bed
measuring 93cm by 200cm. The height to the top of the lower
mattress from the floor is 51cm, and the height to the top of the
higher mattress from the floor is 136cm. The top bunk is
reached via a vertical ladder fixed to the bunk bed frame.
• The furniture in the bedroom is pine and the moveable items
include a chair and chest of drawers. The bedroom also has a
• The floor is a beige short pile carpet. The available space when
entering the room is between 61cm and 107cm. The free space
between the end of the bunk bed and the wardrobe is 93cm by
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC
• The bathroom is on the first floor. There is also a separate WC
and shower-room on the ground floor next door to the utility
room (Laundry / Cloakroom).
First Floor Bathroom and WC
• The door opening into the bathroom is 70cm wide and hinged on
the right as you enter the room. The lever door handle is at a
height of 74cm which is lockable from the inside. The light
switch is mounted on the wall just outside the bathroom at a
height of approximately 130cm.
• The bathroom includes a bath with overhead shower,
washbasin, toilet and bidet. There is also a heated towel rail,
three moveable chrome stands for hanging towels, a pine chair
and a number of shelves for storing toiletries. The floor is
carpeted with beige soft short looped gel back carpet.
• The bath is 51cm high, 41cm deep inside, 70cm wide and
170cm long. A power shower is at one end of the bath with a
half length glass shower screen. There is a floor to ceiling
wooden grab pole to aid access into the bath, and a non-slip
rubber mat is provided for the bath.
• The toilet seat is 41cm above the floor.
• The bidet is 39cm above the floor.
• The wash basin is 81cm above the floor.
• The free space between the bath, toilet, wash basin and bidet
measures 250cm by 250cm.
• The free space on either side of the toilet is 37cm and 41cm.
• The free space on either side of the bidet is 41cm and 42cm.
Ground Floor Shower Room and WC
• The door opening to the ground floor shower room is 74cm and
hinged on the right as you enter the room. The lever door
handle is at a height of 100cm and there is a separate door lock
inside, located just below the door handle. The light switch is
mounted on the wall just outside the room at a height of 134cm.
• The room includes a walk in shower cubicle, small hand wash
basin, toilet. There is also a towel rail and shelf for storing
toiletries. The floor is carpeted with brown short looped gel
• The shower entrance is 54cm wide with a door that pivots on the
left hand side as you enter. Inside, the cubicle measures 70cm
by 70cm at floor level which widens to 86cm by 86cm above the
shower tray. The shower tray has a non-slip surface. The
controls are mounted on the wall at a height of 132cm from the
• The hand wash basin is 78cm high.
• The toilet seat is 41cm high.
• The space to the left of the toilet is 17cm and to the right is
Grounds & Garden
• There is a small front garden with flowers beds enclosing a small
lawn. At the back of the house is a large garden which is mainly
laid to lawn, which slopes gently down from the house to a dry
stone wall. The back garden is fully gated and enclosed.
• The elevation of the back garden is much lower than the front
garden and access is made by descending six wooden steps
from the balcony decking to a paved patio area. Each step is
90cm wide, 29cm deep and 20cm high. The patio is
approximately 5 m by 7 m large and from here are a further
three concrete steps leading down onto the lawn. Each step 28
to 29cm deep, 239cm wide and 20cm high.
• The balcony decking which runs along the back of the house is
level and flat. The balcony is 11 m long and 230cm wide
although this narrows to 90cm at the side of the house. Access
onto the decking can be made from the dining room and lounge
patio doors, and from the drive at the side of the house. Here
are two 90cm high wooden gates with simple latches to restrict
access onto the decking and down the wooden steps to the
• Comprehensive information folders are available in the house,
and will soon be on our website, giving full information about
how to the get the best out of your stay, including a detailed
inventory of house contents.
•We do not allow smoking anywhere on the premises (the house,
garden and drive).
•We do allow pets and the house is very thoroughly cleaned
afterwards to minimise the effect of previous pets on future
Lakeland Cottage Company, Woodside, Charney Road,
Grange over Sands, Cumbria, LA11 6BP.
Telephone: 0870 4425814
• Lakeland Cottage Company website:
• Lakeland Cottage Co. email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Ownerʼs Website: www.windrushconiston.co.uk
• Days available: Windrush is available all year round.
• Emergency Contact numbers: Local manager Lynne Watson
(daytime 015394 41166; evening 015394 41287); owner Nigel
Goodship (01883 624613)
•We have an ongoing commitment to improve and replace
fixtures and fittings.
• Decoration and carpets will be replaced as necessary to
maintain a good standard of decor.
• The utility room and kitchen will be completely refurbished but
we currently donʼt have a specific timescale for this work.
Contact Telephone and Email Address
•We welcome your feedback to help us continually improve. If
you have any comments, please email:
email@example.com or phone Nigel Goodship