Summer Hill House - Apartment 4 Access Statement
4 Summer Hill House - Access Statement
The apartment is one of five in a conversion of Summer Hill House, a Grade 2 listed Georgian Mansion House.
Number 4 Summer Hill House is a two bedroom apartment located on the second floor of Summer Hill House. There is a spacious kitchen and dining area adjacent to the lounge.
There is a parking area with space for two cars. We aim to meet the needs of all of our guests, however, due to the location of the apartment on the second floor access for guests with limited mobility is difficult and the apartment is unsuitable for wheelchair users.
- Should you require a food delivery or for a satellite navigation system, the postcode is LA12 7SS.
- Summer Hill is about 1 ½ miles from the A590, the route from the M6 to Barrow-in-Furness.
- The nearest market town with a supermarket is Ulverston 5 miles away.
- The nearest shop is in Greenodd 1½ miles away.
- The bus stop for the service into Ulverston is located ½ a mile away.
- The nearest railway station is Ulverston with trains for Barrow and Lancaster and beyond.
- A local taxi company is A2B Taxis 01229 587030
- The owners of No. 3 Summer Hill House can be contacted by telephone, post or email.
- Heating is by an oil fired boiler. The cooker and induction hob are electric.
- The apartment is strictly non-smoking.
- There are smoke detectors and a fire procedure in place.
Arrival and car parking facilities
- Directions and will be sent before the arrival date.
- The Apartment has two designated parking spaces 30m from the entrance to Summer Hill House. The car parking is surfaced in loose stone while route from the car park to the entrance is surfaced with tarmac and Yorkstone flags.
- The parking area and access route is lit.
- Key info sent before the arrival date.
- The Apartment is on the first floor three flights up from the entrance. Internally there is a three step change in level from the bedroom level to rest of the accommodation.
- There is oak woodblock flooring in the entrance hall, kitchen/dining area and lounge. Bedrooms are carpeted and the bathrooms have tiled floors.
- Internal doorways are 750mm or wider.
- Work surfaces in the kitchen area of standard height.
- Check-out is by 10am or by arrangement.
- You are asked to leave the apartment clean and tidy.
- There is a reasonable mobile signal for most operators from within the Apartment.
- The nearest hospital with an A&E is situated in Barrow-in-Furness (Postcode LA14 4LF).
- The nearest doctors surgery is situated in Backbarrow about 3 miles away (telephone 015395 31619; Post Code LA12 8QF).
- WiFi is provided free of charge.
Cumbria LA12 7SS
t 01229 861 510
m 07714 689 245