Lyme Cottage Access Statement
Lyme Cottage Property Access Statement
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Lyme Cottage
This traditional Lakeland Cottage is located in the south of the Lake District National Park in the quiet village of Lindale. Lyme Cottage is a two storey cottage with 2 bedrooms, with 1 shower room, 1 main living and kitchen area combined, and with a utility room on the ground floor.
Originally built in 1850, it has been renovated to a high standard with many structural improvements and is perfect for a couple to stay as one of the bedrooms has been covered to a dressing room so it only has one functional bedroom.
Lindale is approximately 1.5 miles from the Victorian sea-side resort of Grange-over-Sands. The village of Lindale is situated on a hill and the property is located at the base of the hill.
The owner lives overseas and is 9 hours ahead of the UK, and so questions are best directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, to the owner or directly to the Lakeland Cottage Company if phone help is required.
- For full details and maps of how to reach us please see the directions section of our website. Alternatively, you can plan your journey by car or public transport using www.transportdirect.info; simply enter your postcode and ours, which is LA11 6LR to get directions.
- The nearest railway station is Grange-over-Sands which is 1.5 miles away. Taxis are available at the station.
- The nearest bus stop is a short walk from the cottage at the bottom of the hill near the Audi garage. There is a shelter with seating. All buses can accommodate one wheelchair. The No.X6 and No.532 bus runs via the train station in Grange-over-Sands. Bus times can vary, for further details see the website http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/public-transport-road-safety/transport/publictransport/busserv/timetables/kendalsoutheast.asp.
- The nearest Shopmobility is 10 miles away in the Kendal & South Lakes Shopmobility Kendal and South Lakes Centre for Independent Living "One Voice", Car Park Level 3, Westmorland Shopping Centre, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4LR, contact Pam Flitcroft 01539 740933
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- The key information for accessing the cottage will be supplied by the agent prior to arrival.
- Parking is available for one vehicle, and is to the rear of the property, you access it by going into backbarrow lane, it is then signed. The house is then accessed via a pathway that is owned by the property approximately 80cm wide and 10 metres long. There are 2 fairly steep steps at the start and end of the path with a handrail. Wheelchair users will find it difficult and would have to go around by the main road.
- The parking area has a gravel surface, and is slightly raised.
Entrance to Property
- The front door is almost level with the road, with only a slight upraised step.
- The front door is approximately 760mm/30ins wide.
- The floor covering inside the entrance is straight onto the original stone flagged floor. They are large stones and are not completely flat, however no raised areas.
- The entrance and porch are lit by internal and external lights, manual switch located in the entrance.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The accommodation is based on two floors. With an open plan sitting room, dining area and kitchen.
- At one end of the sitting room, there is a door that opens into a utility room the doors throughout the property are approximately 760mm/30” wide.
- There is an original staircase that has had a new banister put on it to protect safety. As it is traditional it is quite small and only 600mm28” wide. It is also quite steep, as it was built in 1850.
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the doorway.
- The room has seating with a leather sofa and woven chair with non-feather cushions.
- Furniture can be moved.
- There is a widescreen digital television with remote control, subtitles, and an integrated DVD player.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night with overhead lighting and wall up lights.
- The flooring is short traditional flagstone flooring, with one carpet and a fireside rug.
- The Dining area is part of the open plan sitting room/lounge.
- The dining table (moveable side to side) has legs on each corner and is 740mm/29ins high.
- There is free space around three sides of the table.
- Chairs (all moveable) – 4 rush chairs with no arms.
- Lighting is natural daylight with wall lighting.
- Flooring is traditional flagstone flooring
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor in the same space as the dining room. No steps.
- The door of the oven drops down and the handle is approx. 720mm/28.5ins above the floor. The hob is approx. 900mm/35.5ins above the floor.
- Worktop and sink are approx. 900mm/35.5ins above the floor.
- An under counter fridge is available.
- An under counter dishwasher is available
- Glasses and crockery can be moved from wall shelves to lower cupboards, if required, please request this when booking.
- Cutlery and utensils and cordless kettle rotating 360.
- The kitchen is evenly lit with ceiling and work surface lights.
- Flooring original flagstone flooring.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There are two First Floor bedrooms with step free level access above the staircase.
- One bedroom has a double bed
- The other is a dressing room and just has 2 chairs and 2 chest of draws.
- The doors to the ground floor bedrooms are approximately 740mm/30ins wide.
- Furniture can be easily removed or rearranged in the bedrooms.
- The height of all beds from the top of the mattress to the floor is 520mm/20.5ins.
- Lighting is natural daylight and at night overhead lighting. Bedside lamps are also in each room.
- All bedrooms offer short pile carpet and non-feather bedding.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom is first floor, it has step free access apart from the stairs to the first floor.
- Door opening approximately 670mm/26.5ins wide.
- Toilet approx. 400mm/15.7ins high.
- Wash basin approx. 800mm/31.5ins high.
- Shower is located in a low level water shield.
- Lever taps on the washbasin and bath.
- Well lit with overhead lights.
- Non-slip cushion flooring.
- Small outdoor garden, no steps.
- 1 small bench.
- The nearest Accident and Emergency unit is at Royal Lancaster Infirmary, Ashton Road, Lancaster LA1 4RP (12.7 miles) Tel: 01524 65944 or Furness General Hospital, Dalton Lane, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria LA14 4LF (13.7 miles) Tel: 01229 870870. The nearest doctor is located at the Nutwood Surgery (Drs Irwin, Reeve & Golding) Windermere Road, Grange Over Sands, (1.38miles) Tel: 015395 32108. Further information is in the welcome folder
Address (Inc postcode): Lyme Cottage, Back O The Fell Road, Lindale, Grange-over-Sands, Cumbria, LA11 6LR
Telephone: Please call Lakeland Cottage company 015385 38180 as owner is overseas
Local Equipment Hire: Kendal & South Lakes Shopmobility Kendal and South Lakes Centre for Independent Living One Voice, Car Park Level 3, Westmorland Shopping Centre, Kendal, Cumbria, LA9 4LR, contact Pam Flitcroft 01539 740933
Local Public Transport: http://www.cumbria.gov.uk/roads-transport/public-transport-road- safety/transport/publictransport/default.asp