Garret House Cottage Access Statement
This access statement does not contain personal opinions as to our suitability for those with access needs, but aims to accurately describe the facilities and services that we offer all our guests/visitors.
Access Statement for Garret House Cottage
Garret House Cottage is a terraced property located in the beautiful village of Cartmel. The cottage overlooks rolling fields and pastures and Cartmel Racecourse.
It is approximately a 10 to 15 minute walk into the village, the distance being around 1 mile.
There is parking for 2 cars located in a private car park set back from the road approximately 30 metres from Garret House cottage. Please park on the right hand side of the carpark. The left hand side is owned by another cottage.
Entrance to the row of terraced cottages is through wrought iron gates on to a communal walkway. There is a step at the front door for access to Garret House Cottage.
The cottage sleeps two with accommodation comprising of one double bedroom with a double bed.
There is no bath at the property but instead, there is a large walk in shower in the bathroom.
We look forward to welcoming you. If you have any queries or require any assistance please phone Our agents are the Lakeland Cottage Company: 015395 38180 or email email@example.com.
- Your final booking confirmation (i.e. once fully paid) will include detailed directions to the property. We do not advise using satnav in the Lake District however the post code is LA11 7SR, there is a link to Google maps on the property page of the Lakeland Cottage Company's website: https://www.lakeland-cottage-company.co.uk/lake-district-cottage/garret_house_cottage/location/
- The nearest train station is at Grange over Sands which is approximately 5 miles away and will take about 10 minutes by car. Taxis are available at the station.
- The nearest bus stop in Grange is outside the station. Please see local bus times as they are subject to change.
Key Collection, Welcome and Car Parking
- Entry/access information is provided in the final booking confirmation - once your booking is fully paid.
- Your car may be parked in the private car park which is set back from the road on the left as you pass Garret House Cottage. Please park on the right hand side of the car park as the left side is for parking at another of the Cottages. There is no street lighting, therefore if arriving at night you will need a torch to light your way from the car park to the Cottage.
Entrance to Property
- Entrance to the row of terraced cottages is through a wrought iron gate from the road onto a communal Tarmac walkway. Garret House Cottage is the second property and has a name and number plaque (No2) on the wall by the front door. There is a raised slate area with a bench in front of the Cottage window. There is a tiled step at the front door for entrance to the Cottage. There is an outside lamp which can be turned on by using the switch when you go through the front door on the left hand wall. The floor covering inside the entrance is carpeted leading onto Karndean flooring throughout the ground floor.
Halls, Stairs, Landings, Passageways
- The stairs are well lit with a ceiling light and a light in the alcove in the stair wall. There is a small landing leading to the bathroom, boiler cupboard and bedroom. The oak staircase is carpeted with a stair runner with the same carpet used on the landing. There are 12 stairs to reach the first floor. There is a hand rail on the right hand side going up.
- The sitting room/lounge is situated on the ground floor with level entry from the front door entrance.
- The room has a mixture of seating with one sofa, one armchair, both with cushions and a warm throw.
- There is an upholstered coffee table/footstool
- A small table with two dining chairs.
- There are two barstools at the breakfast bar.
- All furniture can be moved.
- There is a wall mounted, wide screen digital television with remote control.
- Lighting is natural daylight and by night levels are controlled by dimmer switches to the Inset LED ceiling lights and copper pendant lights over the breakfast bar.
- There is a log burning stove, a starter pack of logs and kindling is provided, additional supplies may be purchased at local garages & other outlets.
- There is a circular long pile rug in the centre of the room.
- The cupboard under the stairs contains the vacuum cleaner and iron and iron board.
- There is programmable electric radiator.
- The kitchen is situated on the ground floor, it is an open plan design, the kitchen breakfast bar separates the lounge from the kitchen.
- The kitchen work surface and breakfast bar is made from white and silver Quartz.
- There is a fridge/freezer, built in microwave, built in washer/dryer, built in dishwasher, built in oven with ceramic hob & cooker hood and a Belfast sink.
- All cutlery, glassware, crockery, pans, kitchen utensils and chopping boards provided.
- Nespresso coffee machine with AEROCINO milk frother, toaster, kettle.
- A PURE wireless Bluetooth speaker is provided for Guests to play their own music using a Bluetooth enabled smartphone.
- The kitchen is well lit with LED inset ceiling lights.
- The back door opens inwards onto the rear garden area, there is a step down from the back door onto the paving, there are then 3 steps up to a further paved area with gravel borders, a hedge separates the cottage from next door, there is a pebbled area where the garden furniture is placed during the summer months.
- There is a Summerhouse at the top of the garden with 2 wicker chairs and a pine coffee table for Alfresco dining during the Summer months.
Bedrooms and Sleeping Areas
- There is one bedroom with a very comfortable double bed and contempory padded headboard.
- Bedding and pillows are hypo allergenic.
- There are oak bedside tables at each side of the bed with matching oak adjustable reading lights.
- Luxurious deep pile carpet.
- Matching oak chest of 4 drawers.
- There is a wall mounted wide screen digital television with remote control.
- A large built in wardrobe with plenty of hanging space.
- There is an alarm clock.
- There are LED ceiling lights controlled by a dimmer switch.
- There is a window seat to admire the glorious views from the bedroom window.
- There is a wall mounted full length mirror.
- There is a programmable electric radiator.
Bathrooms, Shower-rooms and Toilets
- The bathroom is on the first floor accessed by the stairs, there is a walk in shower with hand held and large overhead shower, built in sink and toilet, floor to ceiling porcelain tiles with underfloor heating, heated chrome towel rail.
- There is a large LED mirror, the shaving socket is located in the base of the mirror.
- LED lighting
- Extractor fan.
- 2 luxurious bathrobes.
- Towels and towelling bath mat.
- Non slip shower mat.
- Complimentary toiletries.
- There are 3 steps from the back door to the paved garden area.
- There are gravel borders, a dry stone wall to the left and a hedge to the right of the garden, there is a pebbled area where the garden furniture is placed during the summer months, at the top of the garden there is a Summerhouse with patio doors looking out onto the garden.
- There are 2 wicker chairs and a pine coffee table, the Summerhouse is lit by a central interior ceiling light.
- There is an external lantern on the Summerhouse wall and a further external light to the side of the back door.
- There is a gate at the top of the garden to help keep your Dog secure.
- Access to the bins can be made through this gate, past the neighbour’s gardens to the side of the end cottage where all the bins are stored.
Address (Inc postcode):
(No 2) Garret House Cottage CARTMEL Grange-over-Sands Cumbria LA11 7SR
Our agents are the Lakeland Cottage Company: 015395 38180
Hours Of Operation:
Mon-Fri 9.30 to 5.30 Sat 10 to 5.00
Local Accessible Taxi:
Tony's Taxis 07884463092 Trevor Grills 07968341460
Local Public Transport:
There is a local bus service between Cartmel village and Grange over Sands. Nearest train station is at Grange over Sands approximately 5 miles away. 10 minutes by car. The nearest bus stop connecting to other areas is in Grange just outside the train station.